Server Problems?

General topics regarding the game.

Server Problems?

Postby Ashteroth » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Blood Dusk has been crashing all morning long, and it seems to be down now. Also, and maybe it's just me, but there has been increased lag as well. My internet seems to check out fine, and I only lag on blood dusk. The lag was minor, every 5-15 minutes and only for a 1-3 second delay. I wanted a mod to see this, since they aren't logged in and I know they're not always active enough to see whats happening or even notice that they've been booted. No offense intended.
Ashteroth

Re: Server Problems?

Postby Alexandros » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:07 pm

Usually the game comes back up when it crashes, but the mud must be hung this time. I got a hold of Arslajin earlier and he's away from a computer most of today. He said he'll get it fixed as soon as he can.
Alexandros

Postby Ashteroth » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:28 pm

Pays to be connected, huh? Well, it's up and running now. Thanks! Now I just hope my portabella doesn't 'warp' rot on me.
Ashteroth

Postby Arslajin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Ashteroth wrote:Also, and maybe it's just me, but there has been increased lag as well. My internet seems to check out fine, and I only lag on blood dusk. The lag was minor, every 5-15 minutes and only for a 1-3 second delay.

So you're getting 1-3 seconds of lag every 5-15 minutes?
Arslajin
Site Admin

Postby Ashteroth » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:15 pm

Yeah, not huge problem, wasn't even going to bring it up until the crash happened. But yeah, internet checks out and never had the problem in past. I was more curious to know if it was just me. But everyone seems to be running on timers and triggers so much they might not notice. . . :P
Ashteroth

Postby Ashteroth » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:02 pm

May have the source of the lag. Everytime someone switches out characters or goes to the main menu I lag. Likewise, every time I go to main menu or switch out a character I lag on the way out and on the way back in.
Ashteroth

Postby Ravel » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:32 am

I know the source of the crashes, though I swear it's not intentional. In order to avoid abuse I won't be posting the source here but am more than willing to pass it along -- again.
Ravel

Postby Ashteroth » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:26 pm

The lag seems to have gotten worse and my internet still appears to be in order. I'm lagging every minute to few minutes, sometimes a bit longer and sometimes for a few seconds at a time. It has reached a point where it has become a slight annoyance.

EDIT: Another reason I don't think it's just me is how the lag occurs. Normally if just I was lagging I would suddenly get several lines of text as my character caught back up with real time. In these cases however, I lag and then everything moves on like normal as if the lag never happened. I hope that makes sense. . .
Ashteroth

Return to General