thoughts for a pitch for the mud connector forums

General topics regarding the game.

thoughts for a pitch for the mud connector forums

Postby zhu » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:50 am

so... the website gets a pretty decent amount of traffic... and with a small amount of effort on our part I think we might be able to get some new blood poking around and enjoying themselves.

maybe share favorite moments? nothing truly spoiler alert'ish but, any language you can cobble up regarding what you enjoy about the game... thoughts are welcome.

I'll cobble something together before the end of the week, pinch my nose and post it.
zhu

Re: thoughts for a pitch for the mud connector forums

Postby zhu » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:24 am

this old gem from fb... who wrote this?!? it's perfect!

"In this game there are many things I have and have not done, I have
fought the snake cultists, I have wrestled a giant spider, I have
fought the baron for his curse and almost won. I have escaped a castle
through it's water ways. I have climbed the tallest tower in ravenfall
and fell from it. I have made my way to far northern wastes, where few
have tred, and studied under the guru for his wisdom. I have then
fought the beasts of the waste, and stood at the foot of the legendary
glacier where the true horrors of ice live. I have been beneath the
waves and fought the pirates under the ocean. I have spent countless
hours in front of a forge, finally creating a weapon only a true
master can use to it's greatest effect. I have studied dark arts, in
darker places. I have fought my way through a grueling gauntlet, to
stand at the foot of a temple dedicated to the immortal machine god,
and later I allowed myself to take away great power from there.

These adventures and more, so I ask you, would you like to join me in
other adventures?"
zhu

Postby Ashteroth » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:19 am

Adam emailed that to me and a several others when contemplating the future of Blood Dusk. He never said which player wrote it, only that a player wrote it.

Edit: If I had to guess? Rei - at least that's the name I most know him for from v4
Ashteroth

Postby Ashteroth » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:23 pm

OH! I completely forgot about this! I will reply to this tonight, hopefully you haven't lost the drive to do the pitch.
Ashteroth

Postby Ashteroth » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:32 pm

I've been around since v1 and in that time I have done more amazing things than any other game in all the years I've been playing games. I believed it was possible to fly, thanks to a Crusader who moved so fast that it appeared he was flying. I later found myself being called upon to help lift heavy doors do to my might. After a recess I started up again to find a poverty stricken player base with a well-guarded and wealthy faction where it was rumored that gods were born. I set out to change much of the balance of power, and as one would expect, war broke out. I took hits, losing everything more than once. Yet I rose from the ashes every time and eventually found my place. From there I brought factions to their knees to protect beautiful Ravenfall, raised up an inner circle of players under my wings, faced an evil born from that inner circle, diplomatically ended the slaughter of countless innocent players. I've also proved that gladiators have potential, scared a player from logging in at the same time as me, been called a monster, a god, and much later - a monstrous god. I even became a god-slayer being the second one to ever exist. Even more so, I made many friends a long the way and enemies. I've grown in unexpected ways, had my world shattered a few times and beliefs of what I knew about Ravenfall be wiped clean. Since I've been playing Blood Dusk I have played many other D&D based games out there, a dozen different RTS and TBS games, countless RPG's, shooters and various others. But not a single one, despite graphical advantages, has compared to the game that delves richly into an imaginative world I simply can't pull myself away from - at least not for too long of periods.

Note: I had a much longer history of my time as a player written, recording each event and bit of history as I recall it. But I think I'll polish it up and post it online. I get a few hundred hits there. Would probably be more if I wrote more than every few months. . .
Ashteroth

Postby Ashteroth » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Got a glance at your post on the mudconnect: http://www.mudconnect.com/SMF/index.php ... #msg201800 -Glad you did it!
Ashteroth

Return to General